Friday, July 13, 2012

Dollar Tree DEALS!

Hit up the gym last night (I'm making getting fit my summer "job") and unfortunately for my wallet and my husband, Dollar Tree is NEXT DOOR to the gym. How perfect!

I told myself I was just going in to look, not expecting back to school stuff to already be out. Well, it was, and I spent $30! Wanna see what I scored?


Clockwise from top left:

  • Two puzzles in the frame to make this from TeacherTipster.com
  • A clipboard to fancy up a la pinterest
  • Two mini dry erase boards - each day of the week I will put one spelling word on each, with the magnet letters scrambled up. Two words per day for five days will be all 10 spelling words throughout the week! (Not my original idea...)
  • Die cut letters in a beautiful turqoise that will go SO well with my classroom theme. 
  • 3D plastic stickers in an ocean theme - I'm not big on stickers but I am beginning to hoard them in preparation for using these awesome Friday journals.
  • A Lei to wear during Guided Reading - when I wear the lei, kiddos can't interrupt me.
  • Photo albums (4x6) to put kiddos pictures and names in like this
  • Library pockets - I had such a hard time finding these last year so I seriously bought 9 packs of 10 - I have enough for at least three years. My name is Mrs. Newman, and I am a hoarder.
  • Money Matching game - no specific purpose for these yet but I love to use flashcards in the hall during bathroom breaks
  • Cardstock coins (I bought these last year but I can't find them! aaah!) to make posters like these AMAZING ones
  • A pizza pan to fancy up a la pinterest (but I bought a round one instead)
  • Foam letter tiles (I bought two yellow capital sets and two blue lowercase sets.) More on these below.
I can't wait to get started on my classroom - but I can't get in until August 13th. For now, I'll just have to settle for doing these little projects at home!

Have you found any good deals yet?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Dollar Tree, too! I can always find something I need (or want!). I also wear a lei when I meet with small groups so the students know not to interrupt.

    ReplyDelete