Saturday, July 14, 2012

Data, Data, Everywhere! (freebie)

Do you use data in your class?

The word "data" can often instill fear in a teacher's heart; data meetings, data-driven instruction, assessments! I think this is because so often we forget that what we instinctively know about our students IS data, it's just not a number on a graph or a chart.

That's not the "data" that I'm talking about.

I've been seeing more and more about class data walls and a little bit about student data notebooks as I surf pin plan for the coming year. I had a college professor that was CRAZY for these things, but we all just thought he was plain crazy. I mean who has time for that?

I have spent a couple weeks (on and off, I mean, I've got to give the TV my full attention some time!) putting together a word doc of what I might want in a data folder next year.

Download the freebie here and then PLEASE, please, PLEASE let me know what you think!

I would love to hear from some teachers that have done this before. Do you have your students track their progress? How does it work in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment