Sunday, July 15, 2012

Letter tiles - CHEAP!

Remember I showed you my Dollar Tree finds the other day?

Well I wanted to tell you a little more about the letter tiles I scored! I recently bought some letter tiles from Lakeshore, but I was a little disappointed at what I got for what I paid and I need to send them back. It was an impulse buy, and I'm never good at that.

However, I got 4 sets of alphabet tiles for a third the price at Dollar Tree! I bought two capital and two lowercase packs. I will keep them at the word work center. Since they are foam, they are also thin enough to put in a pocket chart - I have a couple tabletop pocket charts I snagged at the dollar spot last summer.

Each package has two foam sheets, and the letters are perforated. I was excited and opened them up right away to tear the letters apart... I was a little too excited:
 ...but truly this is EASY to do. DO NOT TEAR THESE APART! After ripping this one, I used scissors to cut along the perforated lines. Honestly, each set has a bajillion e's so we'll be fine without this one.

I was a little bummed when I saw this a:
but this is the only letter that was messed up out of 4 packages. Pretty good for $4!

I can't wait to get something like this to store and organize the letters:

Do you have letter tiles in your classroom? What do your kiddos like to use them for?

No comments:

Post a Comment